DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th February 2024
Port Guard

Default OpenBSD-SPARC64 7.4 MDA

OK, I have my Exim MTA up and running on my OpenBSD-SPARC64 7.4 box. Now I need a MDA. Leaning towards running my own webmail server to ease access from variety of clients like WinXP & Android. But might also try the IMAP route if I can find clients that will work on my platforms and have a good track record of backwards compatibility for old platforms.

I used to run my MTA, MDA, & webmail on linux, thus I'm not familiar with what's available and popular on the OpenBSD side. But I want to run it on OpenBSD going forward.

Dovecot seems like a good place to start, but it's not available in /pub/OpenBSD/7.4/packages/sparc64/ anywhere. It is for AMD64, i386, etc. Neither is Roundcube. In fact I haven't been able to identify any MDA available in the 7.4/packages/sparc64 list.

So, what is my path of least resistance? Is there a way to get Dovecot installed on my system without too much trouble? Is there an alternative that has a package in /pub/OpenBSD/7.4/packages/sparc64/ that I'm oblivious to? Is there a searchable lis of the packages in the archive? If anyone is running a MDA on OpenBSD-SPARC 7.4 I'd love to hear your advice.

Thanks,
DJ