DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD General

NetBSD General Other questions regarding NetBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th September 2021
New User

Default ImfRgbaFile.h: No such file or directory whyle installing KDE4 on NetBSD 9.2

Hello.

I'm trying to install kde4 on NetBSD 9.2 but right now unsuccesfully. I tried to do that using two methods :

1)

Code:
netbsd-marietto# pkgin install kde4

kde4 is not available in the repository

calculating dependencies...done.

nothing to do.

2)

Code:
cd /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/kde4

make

[ 91%] Building CXX object kimgio/CMakeFiles/kimg_exr.dir/exr.cpp.o

/usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs4/work/kdelibs-4.14.38/kimgio/exr.cpp:15:10: fatal error: ImfRgbaFile.h: No such file or directory

#include <ImfRgbaFile.h>

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

gmake[2]: *** [kimgio/CMakeFiles/kimg_exr.dir/build.make:90: kimgio/CMakeFiles/kimg_exr.dir/exr.cpp.o] Error 1

gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:27312: kimgio/CMakeFiles/kimg_exr.dir/all] Error 2

gmake: *** [Makefile:166: all] Error 2

it seems that it wants that I copy all the *.h files from

/usr/pkg/include/OpenEXR/

TO

/usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs4/work/kdelibs-4.14.38/kimgio/

So ok. I've copied all the *.h files there,but the compilation wasn't succesfull anyway :

Code:

[ 91%] Building CXX object kimgio/CMakeFiles/kimg_exr.dir/exr.cpp.o

[ 91%] Linking CXX shared module ../lib/kimg_exr.so

ld: cannot find -lImath

ld: cannot find -lIlmImf

ld: cannot find -lIex

ld: cannot find -lHalf

ld: cannot find -lIlmThread

gmake[2]: *** [kimgio/CMakeFiles/kimg_exr.dir/build.make:122: lib/kimg_exr.so] Error 1

gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:27312: kimgio/CMakeFiles/kimg_exr.dir/all] Error 2

gmake: *** [Makefile:166: all] Error 2
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th September 2021
Package Pilot

See https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc...msg237932.html. Providing this is not included in 2021Q2, you may apply the patch yourself using LOCALPATCHES or switch to pkgsrc-current packages
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th September 2021
New User

thanks. The files that I should patch are already patched,probably because yesterday I did : cd /usr/pkgsrc && cvs up -dPA ? BTW,the problem is still there.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th September 2021
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marietto2021 View Post
thanks. The files that I should patch are already patched,probably because yesterday I did : cd /usr/pkgsrc && cvs up -dPA ? BTW,the problem is still there.
Most likely you need to update graphics/openexr to 3.x (this is what triggered the build fixes on kdelibs4).
Do not mix different pkgsrc branches; namely, do not mix binary packages from stable quarterly releases with software built from source pkgsrc-current, unless you wat to run into a dependency hell.
Get a quarterly pkgsrc release matching that used to built the binary packages (in this case 2021Q2) and avoid using custom build options if you plan on mixing.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th September 2021
New User

I can understand you,but the problem is that sometimes I'm not able to install a package with pkgin,because...it isn't in the repository. So I'm forced to compile it from source,if I want to have it. what's the solution of this ? maybe installing everything from the source ? because as I see,from the source I've always found everything,as binary no.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th September 2021
New User

How can I upgrade the binary packages to the current stage to sync them with the pkgsrc current ?

Tags
compile, kde kde4, pkgsrc