DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st December 2017
Port Guard

Default Web browser special authorization, does it work with FreeBSD ?

Hi guys !
I am working from my home with a team and I actually am on Windows. Next week I'll be on holiday and I want to use that week to pass to FreeBSD on my main machine and keep working with them. We are using a website where we can share our microphone, our camera AND our screen, all through Firefox or Chromium.

When you want to access to the share screen function, it will install a little plug-in in the web browser (so I guess it will install on FreeBSD's Firefox without trouble) but can FreeBSD be able to share its screen that easily through web browser (no audio, only screen) ?

Thank you for your answers, guys

PS : I'm usually an i3-wm user but I doubt it will change anything to have a WM on the final answer.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st December 2017
Arp Constable

FreeBSD Firefox can be built with different sound outputs: sndio, also, pulseaudio. There is a lengthly howto/discussion on the FreeBSD forums about the different sound servers.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th December 2017
Port Guard

So I tried and it perfectly worked, everything. Camera, microphone, sound from others and screen sharing with i3-wm