DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > DaemonForums.org > News

News News regarding BSD and related.

Closed Thread

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th March 2023
Administrator

Default TikTok data centre is limiting energy for manufacturing Ukraine ammunition

From https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...n-nammo-norway:
Quote:
One of Europe’s largest ammunition manufacturers has said efforts to meet surging demand from the war in Ukraine have been stymied by a new TikTok data centre that is monopolising electricity in the region close to its biggest factory.

The chief executive of Nammo, which is co-owned by the Norwegian government, said a planned expansion of its largest factory in central Norway hit a roadblock due to a lack of surplus energy, with the construction of TikTok’s new data centre using up electricity in the local area.

“We are concerned because we see our future growth is challenged by the storage of cat videos,” Morten Brandtzæg told the Financial Times.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th March 2023
Spam Deminer

Who would have thought that TikTok could actually serve some useful purpose...
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th March 2023
Don't Worry Be Happy!

Location: hot,dry,dusty,rainy,windy,straight winds, tornado,puts the fear of God in you-Texas

This was mentioned in one of Alexander Cristoforo's (Duran group's) video's recently in their "Clown World" segment at the end of their usual videos on the Ukraine fiasco.

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVABvWO3Rto
Ignore the first minute and a half or so to get Bidenopolus out of the way, or if you
need any more convincing of how well he is then watch the first minute and a half!
Scheeeeeeeez!

Last edited by frcc; 29th March 2023 at 12:03 PM. Reason: add link and comment
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th April 2023
VPN Cryptographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
Who would have thought that TikTok could actually serve some useful purpose...
I don't want to get into a troll festival here. Just to clarify are you saying that it's a good thing that TikTok is interfering with Norway's ability to supply Ukraine with ammo?
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th April 2023
Open Source Software user

I think I heard that TikTok is owned by the Chinese, & they seem to support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.....

Neither Country is very good to its own population, & both are run by Communist Dictators.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th April 2023
Bitchy Nerd Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitest View Post
are you saying that it's a good thing that TikTok is interfering with Norway's ability to supply Ukraine with ammo?
Are you saying it's a good thing to ensure a steady ammunition supply for the proxy war between the US and Russia?
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th April 2023
Spikes in tights

Location: perl -MMIME::Base64 -le 'print decode_base64("U2hlcndvb2QgRm9yZXN0")'

Finally I understand why there's such a push against TikTok in the western hemisphere. It all makes sense, now.

Whatever your political position is, though, you gotta admit this is comedy gold:
Quote:
“We are concerned because we see our future growth is challenged by the storage of cat videos,” Morten Brandtzæg told the Financial Times.

Btw, it looks like OpenBSD 7.3 should be almost ready, now. Better warm up your upgrade routines. Maybe we can deprive the war mongers of a few more kW·h with all those reboots.
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th April 2023
Don't Worry Be Happy!

Location: hot,dry,dusty,rainy,windy,straight winds, tornado,puts the fear of God in you-Texas

I did think that it was what was intended in the post. I think its a good thing that Tik Tok (whatever that is, dosen't matter to me) competes with ammunition production. The reason,,,,ammunition, tanks, guns, nuclear weapon production takes away resources from the Earth's needy, and kills humans.
"Opinion, everyone has one, and not intended to cause a ka-fuffle as judge Judy would say, just my humble two cents."

Last edited by frcc; 9th April 2023 at 12:53 PM. Reason: add
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th April 2023
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitest View Post
I don't want to get into a troll festival here. Just to clarify are you saying that it's a good thing that TikTok is interfering with Norway's ability to supply Ukraine with ammo?
I am absolutely saying that yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd-keith View Post
I think I heard that TikTok is owned by the Chinese, & they seem to support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.....

Neither Country is very good to its own population, & both are run by Communist Dictators.
No, neither Russia nor China are communist regimes. I would only classify China as a dictatorship. Any regime can claim to be left, right, centre, whatever - what it actually is can only be determined by it's actions.
Closed Thread