DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 1st January 2023
New User

Default Unable to upgrade new package version from installed older package version

Hi Guys & gals,

I am new in OpenBSD and stills learning. Earlier, I installed a package by using simple standard pkg_add command. The version I installed package is Hiawatha 10.11 in few months ago. I spotted a new package version 11.2 found in OpenBSD port website https://openports.se/www/hiawatha.

When I executed pkg_add –uv. Including pkg_add -Uuv The problem is this update will focusing on 10.11 version but failed to update into version 11.2. Not sure why and what did I miss?

I checked in https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html and internet. Appears lack for an answer how to upgrade the package version from installed old version. Do you have better step by step instructions as how do this more effective and simpler?

Please advise, thanks.