DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st July 2022
New User

Question Is pentesting possible on OpenBSD?

Just a simple question.

Can you do pentesting and any other hacking stuff, which you can do on Linux distros like Kali Linux, ParrotSec and Black Arch, on OpenBSD? Are there any OpenBSD ports of any of the tools used in the aforementioned distros?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st July 2022
More noise than signal

You might have missed -- or might no longer recall -- CiotBSD's reply to you in March of 2020 regarding pentest tools: http://daemonforums.org/showthread.p...1310#post68509

If you have specific packages, libraries, utilities, or tools in mind, install the pkglocatedb package, then use its pkglocate(1) utility to find out if what you're looking for is available, and in which package.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th August 2022
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by barntop47 View Post
Just a simple question.

Can you do pentesting and any other hacking stuff, which you can do on Linux distros like Kali Linux, ParrotSec and Black Arch, on OpenBSD? Are there any OpenBSD ports of any of the tools used in the aforementioned distros?
I always think about it until someone told me I am overthinking.

Although I haven't achieved anything in hacking and cracking but what I actually want to do first is knowing how more about programming, computer, operating system and networking. Why? You can't call yourself a hacker or a cracker if you don't understand thing you are going to work with. Of course script kiddies sometimes can hack too but they won't see any improvement that we try to achieve from day to day that create a person understand how computer work. Having tools is the easy part like preparing a sword for a battle, you can create from scratch or port it to other operating system as long as you have source code.

What I want to say it doesn't matter if you use any operating system they are just tools in the end. The question now is up to you. Are you qualified to sit in front of an OpenBSD box and hack the Internet?

Good to know you . Happy learning and hacking.

Last edited by HopingStar; 16th August 2022 at 12:10 PM.

Tags
hack, hacking, kali, linux, pentesting