DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th June 2017
New User

Default Freezing BSD / IPSEC

Hi all

I'm using an OpenBSD 6.1 to create ipsec connections.
It's a VM on QEMU.

I always got the VM freezed after some days.
2 days if 256MB of memory, 4 with 512, etc..

It seems the isakmpd daemon is eating all memory.
When the VM is freezed, she's unreachable on network, the console still shows the system like it was just booted, but we can't write on the console.
We have to reboot.
No .core file are created.

I got some errors on ipsecs logs, but classical errors, I got them too on others ipsec with no problems.

Any idea how to debug ?

Thanks
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th June 2017
More noise than signal

Hello, and welcome!

I saw your same post on the misc@ mailing list. You are more likely to get help there, as there are few active isakmpd(8) users on this small forum.
Quote:
Any idea how to debug ?
I don't. But your problem will be easier for people to review and help you to debug if you follow up your misc@ post with both a dmesg(8) and all of the applicable configuration files you are using with isakmpd, with any identifying information (such as keys and "real" IP addresses) redacted.

The isakmpd() program can be used with its own configuration and policy files, or can be used as a member of a tool chain with other applications such as bgpd(8) or ipsecctl(8). It is not clear from your misc@ post how it is being deployed.