DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc)

NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc) Installation and upgrading of packages on NetBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 1st December 2023
Fdisk Soldier

Default no colour in youtube videos when using firefox and my user session

Hi all,
Love using NetBSD as my daily os at home - also in some servers at work. I have a strange problem when watching you tube videos with firefox 117.0.1 (64-bit) and NetBSD 10 RC1. I can only see them in black and white, no color at all... sound works fine, quality is also fine but no color. Videos works normal - colorful - when using seamonkey and also with firefox in other users session. Any Idea where's the probleme ? .
Thanks for your help !
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd December 2023
Package Pilot

Can you try using other window managers ? Try a few, it could be an issue with the window manager.

Also, what about other Firefox versions ? I have 115 and 102 installed at the same time, so maybe you can try another version of Firefox to see what happens.

Quote:
also with firefox in other users session
What does this mean ? Firefox 117 works under another user ? If so, looks like you need to to a Firefox reset.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th February 2024
Fdisk Soldier

I found out the problem. I added this line to my .xsession file:

export LANG=es_ES.UTF-8

In order to have my wm in Spanish. This was causing the problem. Once I cancelled this line, firefox displays the videos properly again. That was the reason when another user logged in, firefox was displaying videos correctly.

Thanks for the help!