DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th July 2022
Shell Scout

Question Thinkpad T14 (AMD) Gen 2 - Microphone (builtin and USB)

Hi,

I'm running a Thinkpad T14 (AMD) Gen 2 with 7.1-stable. I can get access to the video camera just fine from a browser. I can get access to audio output just fine from a browser (followed the FAQ/Multimedia). Where I'm stuck is being able to get the microphone to work.

I've done the /etc/sysctl.conf bits (setting kern.audio.record=1) and I've even tried using a known working Logitech C922 webcam with a USB microphone that has worked on my T480 Thinkpad in OpenBSD back in 6.9. Unfortunately I simply can't even get simple stuff like:

$ aucat -o test.wav

to work properly. I've tried changing sndiod flags to use devices 0-3 and rebooted every time (I know I can use rcctl to reload the daemon but what the heck, I was grasping at straws at this point) and still no joy.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look at my configuration files below (I've tried to include everything I thought was relevant). Ideally I'd like the builtin mic to work but from the looks of that dmesg it might not be supported yet so the USB one is just fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.