DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th December 2022
Banned

Default Trackpad Sensitivity - HP Probook 2012 model

Hi All,

For anyone that's been following my other posts I've been preoccupied with getting a secure VPN connection inter alia, but one niggling thing I'd like to get sorted sooner rather than later is increasing the sensitivity of my trackpad which I normally run at the highest level of sensitivity to minimise the distance I have to physically move my hand to move the mouse cursor...

Thanks in advance for advice on getting access to the settings for this...
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th December 2022
Bitchy Nerd Elitist

You can alter mouse.tp.scaling with wsconsctl(8)/wsconsctl.conf(5).

If that doesn't do what you want consider a bug report and/or change to synaptics(4), which has the MinSpeed, MaxSpeed & AccelFactor options.

Use an X.Org configuration file to force the synaptics driver instead of wsmouse(4). The man page shows an example of such a file ( Identifier can be any arbitrary name but it must be consistently used throughout the X configuration). See also xorg.conf(5).
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th December 2022
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head_on_a_Stick View Post
You can alter mouse.tp.scaling with wsconsctl(8)/wsconsctl.conf(5).
Thanks Matt. A notable observation on entering [cmd]wsconsctl[/cmd] were that there was no entry for "mouse.tp.scaling". I'd love to get a typescript to you showing all the entries, but I'm waiting on a reply in the "OpenVPN setup in OpenBSD 7.2" thread within the security subforum regarding redacting before doing so... Then I'll get all typescripts up to aid in troubleshooting!

Quote:
If that doesn't do what you want consider a bug report and/or change to synaptics(4), which has the MinSpeed, MaxSpeed & AccelFactor options.
Near the bottom of the man pages for synaptics I notice it says that if your mouse shows up as ps/2 then its unlikely the synaptics driver will work properly with your trackpad, so I think I'll given this one a miss?

PS: How the hell do I get [cmd] text [/cmd] to work for me in this forum! Why isn't it displaying the relevant text in the special format like it seems to work for you?
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th December 2022
Bitchy Nerd Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
I'd love to get a typescript to you showing all the entries
Surely you can just copy&paste the output from xterm to the browser?

Use left click & drag to select the text in xterm then use middle click to paste it into the browser.

Quote:
Near the bottom of the man pages for synaptics I notice it says that if your mouse shows up as ps/2 then its unlikely the synaptics driver will work properly with your trackpad, so I think I'll given this one a miss?
That section also notes the advice applies to Linux, which is not in use here. Why not just try it and see?
Code:
# mkdir -p /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
# cp /usr/X11R6/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-synaptics.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
# vi /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-synaptics.conf # edit to taste
Quote:
How the hell do I get [cmd] text [/cmd] to work for me in this forum!
See https://daemonforums.org/misc.php?do=bbcode#cmd

tl;dr: [ cmd= ]like this[ /cmd ] but without the spaces around the square brackets. You could have used the "quote" button to see my secret trick btw.